Starting a P2P energy community is quite an adventure and on this journey you are likely to come across various hurdles. We have identified five types of relevant possible challenges. We will support you in finding out how these are relevant in your specific situation and how well you are on your way in tackling them.
- Users (community members) may not be sufficiently engaged, interested, aware or capable to participate
- Your organisation may not have the required decision-making protocols and legal documents
- Your community will need the technological infrastructure required for smart energy
- The energy market needs to enable viable business models for P2P community energy
- The possibilities for community P2P energy exchange are strongly influenced by the institutional context (i.e., policies, legislation, standards and rules).
Please click on the links below to better understand what each of these challenges mean.